Thursday, June 27, 2013

27. Into the sun

It's cloudy today so I can't take a fresh "into the sun picture" and I don't have time to put together a collage of all the sunglasses wearing we do, so I'm sharing this throwback of Dave and I (and my infamous white Oakleys - no, this is not the same pair I wear today. Yes, I do need to update my sunglasses style, and I'll do that just as soon as the perfectly good pair I have now breaks. I have been completely spoiled by good sunglasses.).

This is from 10 years ago. We left the day after Christmas and drove to Savannah to spend a few days because we had both just read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (John Berendt) and we needed to see the city for ourselves. We fell in love with it, and one day we'll go back and stay in a nice hotel or bed and breakfast in the heart of the historic district, but we couldn't afford that back then. It didn't matter, though. We spent our money on good food and we explored the city. We loved it so much that we had plans to name our daughter Savannah, should we have a daughter one day. Time changed that, but it is still one of my favorite adventures with him.

I keep this picture pinned on my cube wall at work.
At the top of the Tybee Island lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment