Friday, December 07, 2012

Day 7 - Stars


Japanese Red Maple leaves on ivy.


Littlefoot: Have you ever seen the Great Valley?
Littlefoot's Mother: No.
Littlefoot: Well, how do you know it's really there?
Littlefoot's Mother: Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart.
Littlefoot: I don't understand, Mother.
Littlefoot's Mother: You will, my son. You will.
Japanese Red Maple leaves always remind me of the tree stars in The Land Before Time. These tree stars fell from the Japanese Red Maple at the entrance to my office building. That tree brings me a ridiculous amount of joy. It hangs over the walkway like an arch and I love to watch it change with the seasons. Right now it's red and the leaves are falling so it looks like God threw confetti all over the sidewalk.

P.S. It's been a really long time since I've watched The Land Before Time but I can still hear Littlefoot's mother's gentle voice in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment