Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Day 5 - Looking up

I struggled with this one. I couldn't decide if I should interpret it literally or figuratively. I couldn't get pictures of the literal things that came to mind and I didn't want to write about some of the figurative things. That left me flipping through the pictures on my phone for inspiration, and I found this.
Me and Luke
It's a horrible picture. It was dark and I was using the reverse camera on my iPhone in an attempt to capture Luke's expression when Mickey Mouse skated out at Disney on Ice. This is it. He was shockingly stoic. I really expected a big reaction, but this is all there was. He basically stayed in this position, with this expression on his face for the entire first half of the show. He was completely engrossed.

He loved it so much that he is still talking about it a month later. He still pretends to skate on our hardwood floors and he walks around saying, "Tick-tock, tick-tock," pretending to be the crocodile from Peter Pan (which was his favorite part). During his second blessing at supper the other night (he usually says three or four), he said, "Thank you Jesus, Mickey Mouse state (skate)..." and some other things we've done recently. He just started saying real prayers (meaning, not the kid ones we teach them in order to establish the habit) and he's obviously following my model of thanking God for the things we did each day. Putting him to bed at night has become an excellent prayer time for me because he insists that I pray continuously until he falls asleep. He likes to hear his day in review but he usually falls asleep when I get to the parts that are my prayers for him. That's okay, I just keep praying out loud until I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment