Sunday, December 02, 2012

Day 2 - Peace

I've found that peace comes in different forms and means different things to different people. Peace of mind, a peaceful spirit, peaceful surroundings, world peace, psychedelic 1970's peace - you get the idea.

For today's photo, I opted for the kind of peace I like to enjoy on a Sunday evening.


Yep, a clean laundry room. It means that not only is the laundry clean, but it's also folded and put away. We don't acheive this every week, but when we do, one little compartment in my mind is peaceful. It's like my soul sighs with relief that one thing is finished. I don't have to worry about making sure anyone has enough white t-shirts or underwear of if the leotard is clean on Wednesday. And, we don't have to rob the clothes basket all week for things that aren't in our dressers. Because let's face it, if the clothes don't get put away by Sunday evening, it's probably not going to happen until the next weekend. And that just makes me feel even more overwhelmed when the next weekend gets here.

So, peace is when the laundry is all done - even if it only lasts until the next bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment