Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 17 - On the floor.

There are lots of things on our floors at any given time of the day. We can't seem to not have things on the floor. Sometimes it makes me batty and I start to kick the things (mostly the 10 pairs of little shoes that never seem to make it past the threshhold of the front door), but most of the time I just let it go knowing that eventually it will get picked up. Sometimes I do the picking up (when I get to the kicking point) and sometimes the mess magically disappears without me even having to request it. That's what I like best, when they come along behind themselves and put things away just because it's nice to be able to find what we need - and they both do this fairly often. Except for shoes, of course.

The best things that get on our floors are our very own selves. We play and play in the floor - games, puzzles, Barbies, trains, cars, ball, Mommy Mule, Goody-Hog, and most recently, Don't Wake the Daddy Bear. Dave started it (thus, the Daddy Bear) but we all play. Ella is Sister Bear, Luke is Baby Bear, and I am Mommy Bear. Basically, we pretend to be asleep and wake each other up by sneaking up and yelling or patting. It's loud and rowdy, and you might get an actual slap upside the head when Luke gets caught up in the moment, but they love it and they are terribly cute when they fall out on the floor and pretend to snore. Even Georgia plays with us; we call her the Doggy Bear.

Daddy Bear and Baby Bear Sleeping.
Not really, but aren't they convincing?
 Luke is the best pretend sleeper I've ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment