Monday, March 28, 2011

Luke's First Crush

I have to admit I was unprepared for this. I mean, I know boys have testosterone surging through their bodies from the moment their gender is decided, but I really wasn't prepared for my son to have his first crush on a girl at the ripe old age of 7 months.

He's in love. Head over heels, can't be distracted, in love. She's cute. Blonde, big blue eyes, curvy, petite -some might even say pixie-ish. Maybe a little too scantily clad for my liking, though.


Luke is crushing hard-core on Tinkerbell. It's so bad, I feel like I need to buy him a poster to tape on the ceiling above his bed.

It makes sense, of course, that because she's an older woman he met her through his big sister. He loves it when Ella wears her Tinkerbell nightgown or t-shirt. He can't get enough of Tink on the folding chair in the living room. It's not good enough to sit in the chair, he has to pull up and stand there looking at it so he can touch her. We have to hide it from him to get him to play with his own toys. It's serious, and it's just Tinkerbell, too, because there are two other fairies on that chair and he pays them zero attention.

I'm really thinking we might need to get him a Tinkerbell blanket so he will have something of his own with her face on it. Big Sister is getting a little tired of his new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment