Friday, May 23, 2008

Hypnobabies Birth Stories

I found a website that is full of birth stories from women who used Hypnobabies. The stories have been great motivation for me to really focus on my practice in these last few weeks. They are very inspirational and have made me even more excited about having this baby. I've realized that even if an induction is necessary (and I still hope it isn't), I can still have a very comfortable, relaxing birth. I've realized that even if I fall asleep listening to the CDs because I'm so relaxed, the hypnotic suggestions will still work.

One of the most common themes throughout most of these stories is that the women were so relaxed during labor that the hospital staff did not believe they were actually in active labor. For many of them, it wasn't until they were involuntarily pushing the baby out that the staff believed a baby was coming soon. Stories like this are the reason I chose Hypnobabies as my birth method. This is how I want to experience the birth of my baby. I believe I can do this.

If you have time and interest, read some of them here:

http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/enjoyable_births.htm

I also fully believe that Hypnobabies is one reason I've had such an enjoyable pregnancy. I can honestly say that my biggest complaint about being pregnant is not anything physical at all, it's the stupid things that people say and the constant, unsolicited advice. Even now when I'm huge and hot and itchy, and I know the baby has dropped because I can feel it in my hips and back, I LOVE being pregnant. It has been a very positive experience, thanks in part the the positive affirmations I listen to every day and the relaxation skills I've learned. I love my body and my big belly (despite the constant comments), and I'm already sad at the thought that I will not be feeling my baby move inside me anymore once she's born. It is hard for me to put into words the sense of strength and power I feel about this pregnancy and my decision to have a natural birth. Even if everything goes wrong (according to my plan, of course) from this point forward, it will have been worth it to have this sense of confidence in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment