Thursday, February 24, 2011

Luke's 6 Month Check Up

We had him checked. He still has his alter ego, Harris.

He weighed in at 15 lbs. 15 oz. and he is now 27.5 inches long. He was the life of the party in the waiting room. I even heard him speak a little Spanish to a dad with a cool hat who was talking to his daughter about leche.

He took his oral vaccine and got his four shots. He cried like his heart was broken. I'm certain that mine was, too. The very hardest part is watching him flirt so happily with the nurse right before she jabs him with the first needle. He has such a good time at the doctor's office up to that point. In between wails, I think I heard him say he was going to have a bad day about it. No wait, that was me. Ugh. How many more rounds of shots until he's finished?

Just prior to the doctor's appointment, the wiggly worm dove head first out of my lap onto the living room floor. Like a greased piglet, he slipped right through my grasping hands. And landed on his head. It didn't leave a mark, but I feel certain he might need a chiropractic adjustment after that crash landing. It scared him. And me. And Ella. As soon as I got him off the floor and cuddled into my arms, she had her arms wrapped around both of us, singing Jesus Love Me, and petting his hair until he calmed down. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.

And, I faced all of that with zero caffeine because I forgot my Diet Dr. Pepper when I left the house. Needless to say, I stopped at Starbucks for a venti caramel latte on the way to work. You know, so I wouldn't have a bad day about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment