Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday, Luker Man!

Luke is six months old today. I wished him a happy half birthday this morning, and he responded by blowing air out of both ends. :)

He has developed quite a personality in the last six months. Much like his sister, he knows what he wants and he wants it now, but he communicates very differently. When he wants to play with one of his toys, he turns his entire body towards it and focuses completely on it. When I got to Grandmother's house last night and asked him if he wanted to nurse, he responded by grabbing my face in both hands and kissing me straight on the mouth. When he sees his bottle or food of interest, he stares at it and squeals. When he wants you to hold him, he lifts his arms to you. When he heard me tell Dave about his bubble-blowing this morning, he started blowing bubbles again. He communicates very well already. It's making me forget to sign for him.

He's finally mastered rolling from his back to his stomach, so now he can roll all around the floor while he's playing. Last night I saw him rolling around the play mat and getting up on his hands and knees while Dave was playing with him. He does grab things and put them in his mouth, but that's about all he does with his hands right now. He definitely seems more focused on using his gross motor skills than his fine motor skills. I keep waiting for him to try to wave or clap, like Ella did at this age, but he doesn't seem interested in that stuff at all right now. The child wants to move, and he wants to do it by himself.

I really don't think it will be long before he starts crawling, and once again, life as we know it will cease to exist. I have a feeling that the general chaos of my household will be cranked up one more notch. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment