Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Quotable Ella

"I did it, Mama." - In her sweet, sleepy voice, about waking up and using the potty in the middle of the night. A new annoying, but wonderful, trend that started over the weekend.

"I talk too much." - In the middle of a phone conversation with an imaginary friend, which, coincidentally, resulted in a voice mail for me at work.

"I'm think I'm going to have a bad day about it." - The standard response now to things she doesn't like or that make her uncomfortable (like giving away her Valentines).

"I expect I'm going to Grandma's house tonight." - An interjection into a conversation I was having with Dave, during which I used the words, "I expect..."

"... Georgia, because she poots..." - In the middle of her bedtime prayer list.

"I can't talk right now. I'm sick. I have reflux." - Also during a phone conversation with an imaginary friend.

These are just things she's said recently that made me smile or laugh. I'm preserving them for posterity. They don't even include all the amusing things she says to other people who aren't accustomed to her very detailed and somewhat accurate accounts of the babies growing in her tummy, being born at the hospital, the resulting bo-bo, etc. She's also recounting my hospital experiences for everyone (The poor preschool parents are probably answering questions about childbirth and c-section scars.), and telling many people that she is having a baby sister. This has led to quite a bit of speculation as to the state of my uterus.

Let me set the record straight, I am not pregnant. But, my sister is! We are completely excited, and I believe this has started Ella's fascination with babies all over again. She already seems to love that baby, just like she loved Luke when I was pregnant last year. She made it a Valentine (her idea), we pray for it at bed time (her idea), she thinks it's "a sister" (read: girl). I really wonder if she's right...

No comments:

Post a Comment