Friday, February 11, 2011

Randomness

It's been an exhausting week and my brain is tired. These are a few tidbits that got me through it.

Wednesday night as we were leaving church, it was snowing. Hard. I nearly walked over Ella as she came to an abrupt halt just outside the door to exclaim, "SNO-O-OW!" She asked what it was and I explained that if it rains when it's really cold outside it turns to snow. She said, "Snowdrops EVERYWHERE!" She was fascinated. Then she was scared, paralyzed in the middle of the parking lot, saying in her deep voice, "I'm afraid. I'm afraid." I had to go back and get her. She wasn't afraid when we got home and Daddy taught her to throw snow balls. And she wasn't afraid yesterday when she played in it until Papa bodily brought her back inside, with her own small bucket of snow. She's keeping it in the freezer so it won't melt.

She loves the name game song and requests that we sing everyone's name she can think of, all the time. As usually happens, she started singing it herself once she finally learned the words: "Doggy doggy bo boggy, fee fi fo DOGGY!" Sometimes she does names, too.

Early Thursday morning she woke up because she was cold and I went to her room to snuggle her. As I was about to remind her to lay down and be still, she leaned right over my face and gave me a giant kiss. Then went back to sleep.

That same morning, I went back to my own bed to find Luke and Dave awake and chatting. Luke had been squealing and grabbing his face. I told Dave they could play while I finished sleeping, but Luke was having none of it. He turned right over and grabbed at the back of my shirt until I tucked him in with me.

Luke has recommenced blowing spit bubbles in the last two days. I guess he remembered that he can do it. I love it.

He's so big now, that I started putting him in the baby bed in Ella's room (his room, too, now, I guess) for the first part of the night. He slept four hours in there last night before I brought him to our bed at the first wake up. I'd say that transition is going well. A little sad for me, but at least he's fine with it.

Weirdly, or not, I don't know, they seem to need to be in each other's presence to go to sleep at night. If he's still rowdy during story time, I give him to Dave while I read to Ella, then he brings him back when he gets fussy. She's usually resisting, squirming, talking, hiding under the covers, but almost immediately after we settle into her bed "each together," they are both sound asleep. My plan of sleeping them together one of these days just might work.

I cleared my camera memory again, so here are a few pictures.

At the park:
 Luke learned to swing.
 Ella taught her baby how to slide.
Break Time!
Ella and Luke received their first Valentine of the year in the mail last night from the Foley Grands.
Ella took care of organizing it for us.
My favorite boys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment