Friday, April 25, 2008

Pregnant Friends


These ladies are friends of mine from the credit union. The one in gray is due in mid-June, the one in the middle is due the first week of July (like me!). We are all having girls. I think that Chinese calendar might be onto something. ;) It's been fun being pregnant with them since we get to chat (and vent) to each other about all the things that are happening to us and the stupid things people say. My college roommate is also pregnant right now - she's due in October.
Dave mentioned last night, while reminding me to practice my hypnosis because I slacked for a couple of days, that we have basically 8 weeks left. (Technically, we have 10, but he's so convinced that I won't go past 38 that he doesn't even count that far.) 8 weeks!! Holy crap. On one hand, that's a long time to manage my sugar and worry about the baby. On the other - HOLY CRAP!
I find that I have some mixed feelings about her impending arrival. Not that I don't want her, or anything like that. I'm so excited about meeting her and starting this new part of my life. However, the closer it gets, the more I realize that it will no longer be just me and Dave. That makes me a little sad. He's going to be a great father, and I can't wait to see him with her, but it will never be the same again. I find myself needing to spend as much time with him as possible in these last few weeks. The weekends and the evenings aren't long enough! I think I've fallen in love with him all over again through this whole process. I have the same crispy, end of summer feeling that I had the first time I fell in love with him - when the days were long and the only thing that mattered in the world was the two of us. It's one of those things you think you will never feel again. What a blessing God has given me! I can't wait to fall in love with him again and again as our family grows and our lives change together.

No comments:

Post a Comment