Sunday, March 09, 2008

An Update on Me and Timothia

There isn't much to report as far as the baby-growing goes. She's growing; so am I. Dave humored me and took a picture of my belly. I am 22 weeks and 4 days today. That means we are on the downhill slope, it also means that my belly is supposed to be this big. The t-shirt I'm wearing is one of my regular t-shirts - it won't fit for much longer, but it still fits now. Also, those are regular work-out pants. I feel the need to point these things out because there have been plenty of comments on how big I am and how much weight I've gained and about how I walk. Those aren't things you should say to a pregnant woman, even if your intentions are good. I'm working hard not to stress about my weight gain; I don't need to hear 10 times a day how big I am. Also, if you were suddenly carrying a bowling ball in your abdomen, you would probably walk funny, too. Not to mention that my feet hurt all the time now and my back gets stiff when I'm sitting. Anyway.... I still feel pretty good otherwise. There are some minor complaints, but I've decided that I love the second trimester. I feel mostly normal most of the time. I now have to make a pillow nest when I sleep to support both my belly and my back. The weight of my belly strains my back at night if there isn't a pillow stuffed behind me. I told Dave today that we may have to sleep in separate beds soon because I don't know how we will both fit with my expanding belly and all of my pillows. :) I am still sleeping well most nights, as long as the cat leaves me alone.

The baby's name will not be Timothia. As I said before, we will name her when she's born. However, due to the extreme number of times we are asked her name, we tell people that she will be named after Dave: Timothia Davida. So, now we call her Timothia. :)

She moves all the time now and she has hiccups pretty regularly. I like it when she does because that is strong and consistent movement. I enjoy feeling her move in there. It's the neatest feeling in the world, sort of my secret. It makes me smile when I feel her.

I go back to the doctor this week and I'll be getting another ultrasound - yay! It's fun to see her in there. People ask me where her head is and stuff, and I have NO clue. :) I hope that when she gets bigger I'll be able to tell, but it all just feels like flips and pokes and hiccups to me. I do know when she's on my bladder, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment