Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Riddle Me This

HOW is my belly going to grow for three more months without my belly button bursting wide open? It's already flattened out to the point that the scars that used to be on the inside are now on the outside. Sometimes it feels and looks a little bruised. In my imagination, I see myself waking up one day to a beautiful and completely natural sun tattoo of stretch marks radiating from around my belly button. I hope that doesn't happen. I've also solved the mystery of how an innie becomes an outie. If I mash on the skin around my expanded belly button, it pops right out.

We, Timothia and I, are 24 weeks along today. According to my pregnancy calendar, she weighs about one and a half pounds and is about eight and a half inches long. She feels bigger than that to me. Also, some of my weight gain is now going directly to her so she can fatten up (Hallelujah!!).

I had a doctor's appointment last week and I finally got to see her face, sort of. She still tried to turn it away, but we got a good profile shot of it. She was sucking on her bottom lip. Her lips and nose look normal and her heartbeat was good. She is the picture of health; however, she is sucking the life blood out of me. Following a couple of scary near fainting episodes (one that happened while I was driving to work), I found out that I am a little anemic right now. Let me tell you that it was a relief to know that is why I've been so tired, faint, and short of breath - all the while thinking it was supposed to be normal and wondering how much worse it would be as I get bigger. I just had a feeling that it wasn't normal and when I pressed the doctor about it, he decided to test me. He also tested my thyroid, but I haven't heard the results on it yet. I have a feeling it will be normal. I started on iron supplements last week, and I can already tell a difference in how I feel.

I also started walking regularly (finally, thanks to Daylight Savings time) and I think that is helping me feel and sleep better. I read that it's also supposed to help the swelling because it increases circulation, and I hope that's true because my right foot (just the right one) has been swelling quite a bit. I am on a mission for a couple more pairs of cute flip-flops because that's all I'll be wearing soon.

I officially cannot see my feet anymore and I am so thankful for the warm weather because I can wear clothes that fit again! My belly has outgrown most of my long-sleeved shirts, but the short-sleeved ones feel great. Oh, I did manage to paint my own toenails over the weekend, but Dave will soon be taking over that job. He offered this time, but I wanted to try it myself.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Two days of NCAA basketball (Yay! We are going to the tournament Friday and Sunday) and the Spring Fling at church. I will be painting faces, and I think Dave is going to help me with that. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment