Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Thought I Should Check In

Life moves so fast! We stay busy and the days just fly by. Gypsy was spayed on Monday, and this morning she finally made an appearance. She's been hiding under the guest room bed for three days. Not that I blame her, but I was glad to see her out and about this morning. She was also working on removing those stitches herself. It looks like she's got one of them partially untied already. The incision looks good though, so I am not going to worry about it. Crazy cat. As tiny as she was before, now her sides are caved in and she looks like she's starving. I'm sure she'll fill out in no time, but it's a little freaky when they look so skinny.

What else? Dave's job is going better. He's learning a lot and each day he seems to have a better day. I'm so thankful for that because it was kinda rough in the beginning. It's really hard to go from knowing nearly everything you need to know, to knowing virtually nothing. He catches on quick though, so he's doing well.

My job has picked up some. I got another project, so I'll be travelling to Des Moines again at the end of this month. I'll be there for a full week this time. I'm really looking forward to seeing Des Moines in the summer. I thought it was a nice city even when it was 9 degrees outside during the day (I'm so Southern), so I can't wait to see it with leaves and flowers. The drawback: my Monday morning flight leaves at 6:50 IN THE FREAKING MORNING!! Rest assured I'll be sleeping on that one. :)

Georgia destroyed Dave's glasses last night. :) I think it's quite funny because 1: they were the old ones he uses as spare and 2: he's left them on the end table at eye level for three days. I knew it was going to happen, and I couldn't help but be amused. I know I should have moved them for him, but I'm not his mom. :) He thought it was amusing too, so don't worry. He knew he shouldn't have left them there.

I harvested the first red tomato the other day. It's a little one, but it was ready for picking. We've got a ton of tomatoes on the plants, but they aren't ready to pick yet. Most of them are going to be decent-sized, too, I think.

The church hunt is going well. We feel like we might know where God wants us, but will continue to visit and pray for a while longer. Our house has not sold yet; in fact, we've not had an offer. I think we are going to lower the asking price a little. Dave is ready to get it sold, and so am I really, just so we don't have to worry about it anymore. Hopefully it will happen soon, like by the end of the summer since I have to start re-paying my student loans next month. (Yikes!!)

I think that's enough for now. I'm starting to ramble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment