Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We Need Rain!!

I'm tired of all the dirt in my house! I have this theory that if it wasn't so dusty, there wouldn't be nearly as much dirt tracked inside after pool time. Maybe I'm wrong, but right now the yard is a big dust pit - mix it with a wet dog and you get dirt in the house. I could get rid of the pool, but I have a feeling that two dogs would find that unacceptable. Or I could try to convince some more grass to grow in the bald spots, but that would require RAIN. I can handle a few muddy paw prints, but right now she comes in covered in dirt because it sticks to her wet fur. Whatever, we've settled on putting down pine chips in the worst area and Georgia now has a sponge bath every night when she comes inside. She actually seems to really like that part, so I guess we are okay there. Oh, and she's MUCH dirtier than Oscar. It's as if her number one goal every day is to get as dirty as possible. And now that we have two dogs and the backyard is non-stop doggy fun, she's always dirty. :)

Oscar is doing great; his sore is almost healed and I hope to put a collar on him by the end of the week. I really want to get him out on the leash so he can have a change of scenery, and of course so he can learn to walk nicely. Plus, leashing him will make training two dogs at once MUCH easier. Training a puppy with an attention span of a gnat can be quite frustrating - add in a big brown dog to distract him at every second, and you want to pull your hair out. Somehow, though, he's learned quite a lot. He's very good at SIT, and sits now to be petted without being told. I'm so proud of him. :) He's breaking my heart though because he wants to come in the house with Georgia so bad; he tries to follow her inside every time now. :( I'll admit that I've already fallen for him; and I'd keep him if he could be an indoor/outdoor dog with Georgia. I may end up keeping him anyway if we can't find him a home, so I guess I need to harden my heart.

I've rambled long enough. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment