Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Crazy Things That Happen

Early Monday morning, around 2 a.m., I could hear dogs barking outside. At first it didn't really register, but then Georgia started barking and running around the bed to poke at me. I decided to go out and check on the cats, because I had left Squirt and Jewel out for the night and the barking dogs were in our front yard or driveway. When I turned on the light, the dog ran off and I called Squirt and Jewel inside. It didn't take much convincing, because they were ready to come in. I didn't know if the dogs had been barking at them, but they both seemed to be fine - aside from being scared. I was amazed at Georgia for being persistent enough to wake me up and make sure I went to check on her kitties.

This evening, I got some very sad news that Cody Cat, the neighbor kitty, didn't make it that night. Apparently the dogs got him. I don't know if it happened before I went out, or if that's what they were doing when I went out because I never saw him. It's entirely possible that he put himself between Jewel and a dog, because they were buds and I've seen him rescue her from a cat fight once before. It makes me very sad, and scared for my kitties. They will not be able to be indoor/outdoor cats for a while, because I just can't take the chance of losing them like that. I don't see a point in purposely exposing them to what has now become a real threat. Those dogs have been terrorizing the neighborhood for a while (I feel like it's the same dogs that killed Smokey), and they will be back at our house. Because there are more cats there that aren't dead yet, they will come back. It makes me sick. They aren't going to understand why they can't go out to play.

On a brighter note, we have a contract on our house now. If everything goes well, we should close on the 21st of July!! This is great news and an answered prayer. I am seeing many prayers answered lately. Prayer is a POWERFUL thing. Don't underestimate it.

Anyway, I'm in Des Moines for the week, and I have to get back to work now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment