Monday, July 17, 2006

I've Been a Real Slacker

Actually, I've been crazybusy with work and home, so I haven't updated this thing in almost a month. Here goes....

We've sold our house and we close at the end of this week. Yay!!! We went to Gardendale last Saturday to get the rest of our stuff out, and of course it rained. Whatever. It hasn't rained in so long that we didn't even consider the possibility, so it rained on the way up there in the truck (with the window that doesn't roll up) and on the way back when the truck was full of stuff. Whatever. Anyway, we took Georgia with us. That was the first time she's been back to the Gardendale house since we moved. She ran all over the place, all through the house, basement and yard, smelling everything. She had not seen the new carpet either, so she checked that out, too. It was cute, and really good to see her running across that great big yard one last time. I have to say it was a little sad, knowing that was the last time I would see the place while it was still mine. It's a great house and a great yard. Sigh.... Well, it'll also be great money in the bank, so I'll get over it. But, I'll always love it. I got MARRIED there and we started our life there. It's a great place.

In other news:
I got bit on the butt by a Brown Recluse spider. Yes, you read that correctly. :) It was living in the dress I put on for church Sunday morning. When I bent down to pick up my shoes, I trapped it in my dress and it bit me. Soooo, I killed it and saved it in a plastic bag for confirmation that it was in fact a Brown Recluse. It was. By the time I got to the doctor after church, I was already running a fever. She prescribed some antibiotics, and I feel better now. The bite appears to be fine; it hasn't swelled up or anything weird like they are supposed to do. Hopefully it won't since I got the antibiotics so quickly. That's that.

Vacation Bible School started last night, and it wore me out! I was supposed to be helping a crew leader keep up with her crew, but it seems that I may have become the crew leader myself. We have 5 kids in our crew, 2 boys and 3 girls. The boys are WILD! In the ten or so years since my brothers were thier ages, I had forgotten how wild boys can be. Why can't little boys sit next to each other without touching? HMM??? Anyway, it really was a lot of fun, and that's good because I'll be there every night this week. :) Viva VBS!

Dave and Rob took Oscar to the Shelby County Humane Society because he got too big and played too rough to keep him with Georgia. At approximately 8 months, he already outweighed her, and she had stopped wanting to play in her yard. The way I see it, the yard was hers first so I had to let him go. He's listed for adoption a www.shelbyhumane.org. I think he'll find a home because he's a sweet beast and he's healthy; I just couldn't risk him hurting Georgia. It was very sad. :(

The tomato harvest is coming along nicely. We've had a ton of tomatoes and I've been able to pick some ripe ones nearly every day. They taste great, too!

OH! Dave particpated in his first trial, sat second chair with another lawyer, and they won! They actually won really big, so he started liking his job last week. :) He really likes being in the courtroom, so he had a great couple of days at work. He has another trial coming up next week, and we're hoping he'll be even more involved.

I think that's all for now. Later..

No comments:

Post a Comment