Thursday, May 11, 2006

Warning: Sad Stuff Follows

I had back-to-back bad phone calls today. The first one was to tell me that Grandpa died this morning. :( That wasn't a surprise; he's been sick for a long time and they called hospice in about three weeks ago. His heart was bad, among other things. It's sad, but at least he isn't suffering anymore.

The second call was from my husband to tell me that the wife of a friend of his died. This was very sudden and unexpected. She was about thirty, and they had been married a little over a year and she had a 5-year old daughter. Plus, they just brought their 8 week old twins home from the hospital two weeks ago. He just passed the bar with my husband. They aren't sure how she died, but think it was an anuerysm. Please pray for this family...they are really going to need it.

I know this is depressing, but bad always comes with good, so why should I only blog the good stuff? So, we have two visitations and funerals this weekend. Death is a little easier to stomach when the person dying has lived a long life - especially when they spent the end of it suffering, but it just seems so wrong when a young mother dies suddenly and leaves a very young family behind. I don't even know what to think; I cannot fathom losing Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment