Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Busy Weekend

nu=3272>2;4>;3:>WSNRCG=3233723:6676;nu0mrj">

nu=3272>2;4>;3:>WSNRCG=3233723:63867nu0mrj">













nu=3272>2;4>;3:>WSNRCG=3233723:66763nu0mrj">
nu=3272>2;4>;3:>WSNRCG=3233723:66764nu0mrj">













nu=3272>2;4>;3:>WSNRCG=3233723:63874nu0mrj">













Saturday, Dave and I visited some friends of ours at their property in Childersburg. Our friend was clearing some land he just bought, so we were hanging out and watching him rip things out of the ground with a front-end loader. That was pretty cool. Dave actually got to drive the front-end loader, and I have to admit I was just a little jealous. :) Our friends have three little girls, who came equipped with rubber rain boots and dune buggy. I wished I had some rain boots to play in the mud, but I played in it anyway. We had a blast riding the dune buggy. The girls made all sorts of mud sculptures, and of course, the littlest one refused to keep her shoes on. Mud just feels too good on your bare toes, you know? :)

We also went shopping for lawyer clothes, much to Dave's dismay. Lawyer clothes are pretty freakin' expensive, but you have to dress the part. He got 2 new suit coats, 4 pairs of suit pants, 3 pairs of khakis, a sport coat, 3 dress shirts, 4 ties, socks, and Monday he went back for black dress shoes. I think that will be enough to get us started. :) Saturday night we crashed.

Sunday we went to Sunday School and church and the grocery store (yuck! I hate grocery shopping.). Then we did a little math tutoring while Georgia played with her dog friend, Lucy. Lucy is a 7-month-old Golden Retriever, and she is going to be HUGE when she's full grown. You can see in the pictures that she's already as big as Georgia, though I don't think she weighs as much yet. Georgia played at Lucy's house while we were gone all day Saturday, then Lucy came to our house while we helped Joshua with his math homework. As you can imagine, Georgia was one tired brown dog Sunday night. She was so tired that she passed out in the floor and didn't even get up to follow us around. A tired dog is a good dog. :)

The kitties also played outside all day Sunday and Sunday night, so they slept all day long Monday. When I got home from work Monday afternoon, they were still sleeping - I think they must not sleep at all when they stay outside. Jewel has become quite the outside cat; I have to make her come inside when I leave for work, and this morning she was pestering Dave to let her out. Silly, persistent beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment