Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Bickering

Now that Luke has lots of words and they are becoming more understandable by the day, he and Ella are starting to bicker and their arguments are consisting of more than her bossing him around while he yells, "No!" and vice versa.

They both woke up happy this morning, so the bickering entertained me instead of making my right temple throb like my eyeball might pop out of my head. I've mentioned before that Dave and I enjoy a good argument for the sake of entertainment; it seems that our children do, too.

As we walked out the front door, Ella stopped in her tracks and said, "Oh! It's so foggy out here!" Then this commenced.
Luke: (right behind her) It's boggy out dere!
Ella: No! FOGgy! (emphasis on the first syllable)
Luke: Boggy!
Ella: FOGgy!
Luke: Boggy!
Ella: Uhg! (stomping to the car)
Luke: (bent at the waist as if leaning toward the fog and waving happily) Hewwo bog!

He can't say the "f" sound yet and I'm not sure if he even knows what fog is, but he greeted it enthusiastically.
"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment