Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Furniture Stores are Really Just Indoor Playgrounds

My children love a furniture store. So many couches and beds to try, so many pieces of modified gymnastics equipment. Really, what's not to love?

When Dave recently suggested we stop at Rooms To Go to spend our gift cards from last year's Black Friday sale, I reminded him: "You know how much they love a furniture store, right? Be prepared."
 
When we got there, I prepared for the climbing and testing on nice clean furniture by scrubbing their hands and faces with baby wipes before we left the car. I was just imagining grimy little hand prints all over white mattresses. Ick. 

As we entered the store the race was on to see how many things could they sit on in the time we were there. Dave looked at furniture while I herded children and played. Thankfully, we never found the kid section to see if they had bunk beds, so we didn't have any ladder climbing in the mix. But we had plenty of this.  
 
Luke, trying out a chair.
And this.


Ella, on a bed at the same time.
And this. Luke patted the bed he was lying on and told me, "Night-night me, Mommy!" So we all night-nighted together.

Night-Nighting each together.
And finally, there was this.
Oh my heart.
At the end, when it was time to leave and Luke was missing, Dave found him climbing into another bed, pulling up the covers, about to take a nap for real. Because he does that - asks for naps and then takes them. (A point that still amazes me, two years in.)

We didn't buy anything but we had a great time at the indoor playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment