Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Luker Super Pooper

In what I deem an amazing feat of physics this morning, Luke managed to get more poop on his t-shirt than in his diaper. The smear of poop on my own t-shirt alerted me to the situation. It was impossible to get him out of his clothes without getting poop all over him. That's how bad it was. Bad enough that I left him butt naked on my bed, built-in sprinkler system uncovered, to fill up the tub. Bad enough that I'll probably just chunk that onesie. Bad enough that when Dave came to kiss us goodbye, I held my hands in the air as if waiting for a pair of surgical gloves so as not to mar his bright white shirt. He told me, "You're a good mother." Umm-hmm, don't I know it. He's just glad it wasn't him that picked that kid up out of the high chair, unaware of the secret mess he'd made. Lesson learned: Leave Luke in bed to make his morning poop. At least if it's not bouncing off the seat of the high chair it has a better chance of staying in the diaper.

Luke thought the whole thing was hilarious until I took advantage of the situation and used the warm washcloth to clean out his crusty nose. He did not like that at all. Ella also thought it was funny when I told her about it. She's been calling him Luker Super Pooper for a while. Now I know why.

1 comment:

  1. Melanie9:24 AM

    my girls have done that before. they had it all the way up there back in the diaper, and down their legs. it was horrible each time they did it.

    ReplyDelete