Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Writing on the Wall

One of the gifts EGR received for her birthday was bath crayons - the kind you use to write on the tub or yourself or the millions of bath toys. She broke them in in a major way the first night; I think every toy in the tub received a little embellishment before she was finished. She wrote everywhere.

Fast forward to the next afternoon when she suddenly remembered they were in there. In a brief two minutes of quiet contentment, the child made her mark down the length of both walls of our hallway. When she came to the living room with the crayon, I asked her to take it back to the tub because we were on our way out the door. She complied and we went on our way. It was later that I realized what the little scamp had been up to. I whispered to Dave about it so he could see it before I wiped it off, but I decided not to say anything to her yet. If she does it again, I will enlist her help in cleaning it up but I can't really blame her creativity. After all, we gave her crayons and said, "Let me show you how to write on the walls" and neither of us specified that she was only to write on the bath tub walls. Luckily, they are very washable, so it cleaned up with a wet rag. Now, I'm just waiting for her to realize it's gone and ask where her writing went.

In other news, everyone who has seen me in the last few days says Baby Boy has dropped, and I've gotten a lot of "you aren't going to make it to August." I have politely requested that people stop saying that because a baby before August means a baby in trouble. Trust me. I know that his August 29 due date is accurate. I dare you to ask me how I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment