Monday, June 21, 2010

May / June / Probably July Update

I know it's been two months. That's just life these days.

What have we been up to?

We've been to the beach (see pictures here - there are also some random ones from earlier this year). EGR did not like this sand this year. This was both a pleasure and pain. Pleasure because there wasn't much sand to clean up - especially no sandy diapers; pain because I like to sit on the beach and the only times I did that were when she was asleep. The child did not even want her feet to touch the sand, so she had to be carried while we were on it. I'm hoping this is a passing thing, and maybe next year she'll like it better. We had a great vacation. Ella loved swimming with her floaties, and by the end of the week she had figured out how to move herself around the pool and jump off the ladder. She never got the courage to jump off the side, but that will come with time. The last day we were there, she played in the pool for 7 straight hours and we had to drag her out of there. Needless to say, she fell asleep at supper before the entrees got to the table.

The closer we get to Baby Boy's arrival, the more we see of Baby Ella. She's even taken to crawling again. I'm just going with the flow and trying not to use the words "big girl" too often. She's splitting time between using the potty and refusing to use the potty. Right this minute, she's wearing Dora panties. Last night, after being asked one too many times if she needed to use the potty, she looked at Aunt Becca and said, "Do you need to use the potty, Becca?" I think she made her point. She hates diaper changes these days, so I just told her this morning after she went to the potty, "Either you wear a diaper or panties." She picked panties. We'll see how long it lasts.

Baby Boy is growing and growing. I recently found out that I have Gestational Diabetes again, so I'm following my diet again. This baby moves and kicks a lot more than Ella ever did, but I guess that's because he isn't folded in half with his head and feet under my ribs. I'm not sure what position he's in right now, but I know he's changed position several times in the last few days. I've felt him kicking me in the cervix, in the bladder, in both sides, and directly under my ribs. He's very busy in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment