Monday, July 12, 2010

She has a Boyfriend

Last Monday morning, as EGR came walking up the stairs from Basement Time with Daddy, I heard Dave say, “Tell Mommy who that is.” She was carrying a Beanie Baby, Class of 1999 graduation owl in her arms and she promptly replied, “My boyfriend.”

Huh?

“I ‘ove him.”

What?! Me to Dave (perhaps a bit accusingly): “Where did she learn that?”

He had no idea; she just started saying it. I can only conclude that she must have picked this up from older kids somewhere – and given her limited exposure to older kids, it must have been at church.

Here I have been worrying about what knowledge she might share at church (I do have a special affinity for the word “crap”), and she comes home talking about boyfriends already?! She’s 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment