Monday, March 02, 2009

Farm Day

Saturday was FFA Farm Day at the high school, so we checked it out. I think Ella enjoyed it.

She really liked Betsy the cow. Note Betsy's crazy eye.


I didn't let her touch this little piggy because it was trying to bite another kid. However, when the little piggies ran out during the show, she got really excited. So did I.
On the big tractor with Daddy.

Posing on a horsey. There was no way I was getting a smile for this picture. The fact that she wasn't screaming because a strange man was holding her should be considered an accomplishment. She's very leary of "strangers" right now. I put that in quotation marks because a stranger could be someone she knows but only sees once a week.

Finally, my favorite Farm Day picture. It looks like there might be a John Deere in her future.

She also saw ponies, goats (with nursling babies), and she got to pet a baby bunny. I think the highlight for her was watching all the kids running around everywhere; she was having a hard time keeping up with them all.
After Farm Day, we went out to lunch and shopping at Target. She fed herself, and left a gigantic mess under the high chair.
Sunday we played in the snow - stay tuned for pictures of that. She played wide open all weekend. It's amazing the difference crawling has made in her life. Her level of daily frustration has dramatically decreased. I think she played in the floor for an hour or more Saturday afternoon while I read a magazine on the couch. Amazing.

Georgia is feeling much better now. There's still some coughing, but not as much snot everywhere. She was able to find the energy to catch snowballs yesterday. Jewel's wound is completely closed now, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment