Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ella Grace!!! Yippee!!!

Note: This blog entry comes from Dave and not Amanda. Any factual, clerical or other errors should be attributed to him (which is me).

June 25, 2008, 7:50 a.m. Ella Grace was born, looking like a chicken. Some have already disagreed with me on this, but I was right there and I saw it with my own eyes. The doctor delivered her by grabbing her back and easing her through the incision, and all I could think of was, "My gosh she looks like one of those bagged chickens we cook on the aluminum can stand on the grill." Maybe it was the way she was laying or maybe it was that her skin got little bubbles when exposed to the cold air, but the girl came into this world looking just like a chicken.

She was immediately cleaned up and thank goodness, she started to look a little more human. She weighed 7lbs. 13oz., was 20.5 inches long and had a good bit of black hair at birth. She was very pink and her head was round instead of looking like an egg. I had never really considered that a newborns head would look like an egg, so I am glad Ella Grace's didn't.

Mom and baby are doing pretty well. The kid appears to be a pooper. They say to expect one dirty and one wet diaper on the first day, two a piece on the second day, etc. We had seven yesterday that I recall. There may have been one more early this morning while I was asleep. The nurses are pretty excited about all the pooping. I could probably fare just as well with the normal 1-1, 2-2 ratios, but that is apparently not how it will be.

I have thanked God several times that the baby is healthy. Amanda is healthy and not in too much pain. She is getting a little stir crazy I think. She is now disconnected from all the tubes and she is ready to bathe and have a walk. It will be hard to sit here in the hospital another two days. I believe we are both ready to get home.

Enough talk . . . . let me introduce you to Ella Grace. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment