Friday, June 06, 2008

35 Week Update

This week started my weekly doctor's appointments and non-stress tests. The baby did great during the test, her heart rate behaved exactly as it should have in response to her movements and my contractions. I had a few contractions during the test, but I couldn't feel them. She did want to sleep through the monitoring, so the nurse had to wake her up with this buzzer thing so she could get enough movements on the the test strip. I fully expected that to happen given how stubborn she is about moving when someone wants to feel it. It was pretty neat to just sit and listen to her heartbeat for 40 minutes.

I can totally understand why women don't want to wear those monitors the entire time they are in labor. They are uncomfortable and lying on my back on the bed for 40 minutes was REALLY uncomfortable. I wanted to ask the lady if I could sit up, but I didn't and she actually had to write on the report what position I was in. It will be a different story when I'm in labor and they try to make me lie there. I'm more achy today than I have been in a week.

As for me, I lost another 4 ounces and my blood pressure and sugar levels are great. We measured 35 cm for 35 weeks, so we are still on track as far as growth goes. (I'll say it again, I'm not having a giant baby.) I also had the Group B Strep test, which I'll find out the results on next week, and my first cervical check. I am dilated 1 cm. I was surprised by this news, but I'm excited about it. It won't be too long now.

Oh, and the baby is finally head down! I seriously think she turned yesterday. I'm relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment