Saturday, March 25, 2006

Moving Day is Almost Here

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Since the bathroom is finished and technically the blog was for the bathroom remodel, I decided to start a new one. I discovered early on that I enjoyed blogging, so I will continue and you can read and keep up with everyday life if you wish.

We have packed nearly everything in our house, and we took a load to Montevallo today. We will be moving the rest of it next Saturday, April 1st. I have to admit that I’m having a rough time with this tonight, and it feels a little like an April Fool’s joke to be leaving my home in Gardendale. On the one hand, I am excited and ready to move, but when we got back here today, I felt really sad. I imagine it will be on and off like that until we are out, and again when we sell the place. But, we can’t have both, can we? This place has been wonderful for us, and I just thank God for blessing us with it.

I talked to Uncle Danny and let him know that we want to list it with him and we will be calling him once we’ve moved, had carpet installed, and scrubbed to my satisfaction. The carpet people say they can install new carpet the day after we move out, and a consultant will come next week to measure and let us pick a color. That makes me sad. I will not live on my new carpet, carpet I’ve been wanting since we bought this house. Oh well, life goes on.

I’ve already arranged the transfer of our phone and cable service, so we should be good to go once we get there. All I can say is that I hope the cable man truly comes between 1 and 3 to turn on the cable because the NCAA Basketball Final Four is Saturday night. We will not be happy if we miss it.

In other news, Georgia is a tired puppy after her big day today moving a load to Montevallo. She is sleeping in HER recliner and twitching while she dreams. Sometimes I envy her. I’m a little worried about the kittens in the move because they will be living in a much smaller house with no basement. They may freak out on me, so I will keep them sequestered during the moving/unpacking until things calm down. I also plan to drug them with catnip, as that usually mellows them out. I will have a baby gate to block off the spare bedroom for them, so they will have some space that’s all their own. We’ll see how it goes.

I also started reading a book for Sunday school today called Prayer: The Great Adventure. Dave suggested I read it while I was freaking out about the events in the coming weeks, so I did, and I started a prayer journal. As you’ve probably discovered, I enjoy writing for the sake of writing, so I think this prayer journal is going to be an exciting way to see exactly how God works in my life. I know I felt much better when I finished today’s entry, and I know that He will give me the strength and courage I need to make this move and face the challenges of moving back, living in a new house, making the horrible commute, selling this house I love, and whatever else may arise. It’s very bittersweet to be excited and nervous and sad and happy all that the same time, but I really feel that He has a plan for us and there is a purpose leading us back home. And, yes, Montevallo is home to Dave, too, even though he didn’t spend his childhood there. We are going to be A-Okay. More later.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 PM

    Hey, I was at mamas and read your blog, I was glad to see your house in the photos since I have never seen it in person. Maybe before you sell I will see it. Mama wants to see it too but not sure it would be accessable enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Oh by the way If you could change the background color or the type color it would help because I had to highlight the type to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:49 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:49 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete