Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Freaking Out Again

So, since my freak out Saturday night, I have been fine. I'm ready to get moved and be done with it. I'm excited about our fenced yard at the new house, and the better neighborhood for dog walking. I plan to put the PABs to work whenever necessary, and I just think the whole thing will be a 90% positive experience (I have to allow 10% negative for the adjustment period and the unknowns).

This freak out I am referring to was Dave's - not mine. It happened not because we are moving, but because we haven't moved yet. :) We took a load of stuff to the thrift store last night, so the basement is cleared and organized for moving to his satisfaction. The upstairs, though virtually empty, still has random things sitting around waiting to move. If it doesn't fit in an 18 gallon plastic tub (which is what we've packed with instead of cardboard boxes), it's sitting in the living room. He can't stand this disorganization; it's making him batty. :) I don't really care that random things are squatting in my living room, but whatever. He is also bothered by the few things that are left in the other rooms (mostly hanging clothes, our bed, lamp, alarm clock, air purifier, etc.) There's really not much but he really wants it all consolidated into the living room or in a tub in the basement. I think he just thinks it would be fun to camp in the living room for the rest of the week. :) Anyway, we did a walk through so I could point out exactly how empty the house is, and how close we are to moving. What's left will be thrown into a tub at the last minute. He wasn't buying it. I don't think Friday can get here fast enough, that's when he will load the truck. Friday night, we should probably stay in a hotel because if he has his way, there will be NOTHING in the house when he finishes loading the truck. :) Please pray for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment