Thursday, August 15, 2013

Don't Judge a Kid by His Costume

Luke has a very vivid imagination and it doesn't take much at all for him to bring it to life and play it out for our entertainment. He has a rather extensive collection of dress up things, and what he doesn't have, he just imagines out of something else. It makes me laugh every time he reveals his new identity because it is never what I thought it was going to be.

For example, this looks like a construction worker, or maybe some kind of hard core cleaning person, right?
No, this is a soldier.

This looks like a half-naked kid playing in the street, yes?
No, that stick makes him a pirate.

This looks like a little boy tangled up in a garden hose, am I wrong? 
Yes. This is an alligator.
What have I learned here? Some things about assumptions, and also how very un-imaginative I am. Because, duh, anyone knows that a neon green garden hose makes you an alligator.

No comments:

Post a Comment