Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

Good coffee. Good book.

"Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

It's Thanksgiving break at my house. That means the kids and I are home from school and work. There's lots of playing, a little cleaning, plenty of football (even at eight o'clock on a Tuesday morning because we have ESPN and it was Luke's turn to pick), and an excess of time to conquer our running list of things to do: paint, dance, read books, etc.

I have so many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving but today I'll list the trivial: a comfortable book, good coffee, a warm house, little voices at play, and a child who just told me, "I'm an article." She meant "artist."

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment