Friday, November 30, 2012

Photo A Day


I've been struggling for inspiration to write (and also for time). Sure Dave and the kids offer new fodder every day, but I've been feeling like I need to keep those little nuggets of amazingness close to my heart instead of sharing them with the wide world. Otherwise, it's just life as usual - work, family, sleep, rinse and repeat - a seemingly boring routine for which I am very grateful, but not much to tell about.

Then, when I looked at my Facebook feed today, I saw that a friend had shared this list of photo a day prompts from Fat Mum Slim.


I'm no photographer, but I immediately started thinking of things I could write about these topics, so I decided, "Why not?" For the month of December, I'm going to try to write something every day, accompanied by a photo inspired by this list. Considering that I'll be on vacation for much of December, I can't promise that there will always be a lot of words with the photos, because the monkeys have built in radar that alerts them when I try to do anything that might even resemble a project that doesn't involve them. But I'm going to try.

I decided to start today, sort of as a practice round to get myself writing (something other than work things). So this is Day 0, and my work day started from the comfort of my living room.
Day 0 - Working from Home
This entire crazy year would have been so very much crazier if I had not had the flexibility to work from home and hospitals and doctor's offices and lawyer's offices and anywhere else I dragged my laptop along to. I'm usually very productive from home, working in my comfy chair with HGTV in the background, good coffee and minimal interruptions (obviously the monkeys aren't here). The increased productivity makes up for whatever crazy scheduling situation is keeping me out of the office. It's a lot of juggling, but I'm grateful for the flexibility because it means I get to go to school things and gymnastics and doctor's appointments and chemo without missing time at work.

Find out more about FAT MUM SLIM's photo a day challenges here: How to Play.

No comments:

Post a Comment