Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Been Three Months

I had a post written about my post-chemo mental state that I planned to publish today, but after the past perspective-gaining week with Dave in the hospital, I decided not to. It was all about the fear and the flashbacks and how I didn't have time to process everything that happened until after remission, but last week was kind of a mini version of the first hospital stay/cancer experience and I think it gave me some closure. Thus, I'm good and you won't be subjected to the whining.

Dave was supposed to have his three month PET scan today, but it will be rescheduled for later when we know that his blood counts are stable. He'll get his counts checked in the cancer center tomorrow, to make sure they are staying normal without Neupogen shots. And since he had the bone marrow biopsy and CT scan in the hospital, we have peace that he is still in remission.

Therefore, I decided to post some hospital pictures instead. Everyone who came in the room had to wear a mask. Dave had to wear one if he left the room, and found some entertainment value in watching people's reaction to him walking around the hospital in a mask. I'm certain they thought he had the swine flu. He also had to wear one when the kids came to visit because they are germ factories. I was generally exempt from the mask policy because "he's used to [my] germs," but I did wear one when the kids were there to make them more comfortable.

Dave had not seen the kids in a week.

Ella was glad to cuddle with him.

The mask distracts from the tired on my face.

Luke refused to put one on in the room.

But he decided it was okay for the ride home.
We were very glad to have him home last night. Even, maybe especially, Georgia (the dog) was ecstatic. She hasn't been sleeping much during the night and I think it's because she was waiting for him. His place in this world is with us, and our worlds aren't right without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment