Monday, August 27, 2012

Dave's Chemo Journal: May 15, 2012

Dave's round three entry. It's a short one!

May 15, 2012 – 10:45 a.m. – Here I am back at the hospital for the third treatment. I have been here since 8 and they still haven’t started Rituxan. It will take at least two hours once it is started. I have gained weight since last time – too much weight. I am up to 247. I feel much better at 235. I know I need to make some serious diet changes. [Note: He had lost 20 - 25 lbs in the 10 days he was in the hospital, so his weight has gone up and down drastically in the last 6 months.]

I am not that upset about the treatments. I sincerely believe I am healed and this cancer will not come back. I have a peace about it. I don’t know when the next scan will be, but I know I will be devastated if cancer shows up.

I haven’t written in this journal since my last treatment. That is definitely a sign that I am better psychologically and emotionally. The hardest part is coming to the treatment. I felt so good this morning and for much of the past week and a half, but I have to come back in here today for more medicine. That is quite a mental challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment