Monday, July 09, 2012

Around the House

I've collected a little kid fun to share. These aren't as funny as some of the things they say, but they each tell a little story about how they are learning.

"I'm all full of hands." - Ella, while trying to open the door to go to the car one morning. Seriously, summer break is killing this Mommy Mule. They feel like they have to take so much stuff with them every day. They each have their regular backpacks with changes of clothes, etc. and they each have a little back pack stuffed with toys and an armload of books, babies, blankets, games, and whatever. The longer I let them wander around the house before we leave, the more stuff they need to take with them. It takes ten minutes to load the flippin' car.

"I did it, Mama!" - Luke, when he finally figured out how to get on the float in our back porch pool. This is also the first complete, grammatically correct sentence I've heard him speak.

"I don't feel like me today... I'm all tired and yawning. Yesterday I felt like me; today I don't." - Ella, on the way to Grandmother's one particularly tired morning.

"[Fake gagging noise] I burp! S'muse me." - Luke, he already loves bodily function noises, and also practicing his manners.

"I just call him Mr. Jumps-a-lot." - Ella, in response to my comment that Thumper already has a name. She often doesn't agree with the names that Disney chooses for the characters.

"Mama! Ehwa. Tee-tee potty!" - Luke, while running into the kitchen to find me because Ella had been calling and I didn't hear her. She didn't even send him to get me because she had locked him out of the bathroom; he did it on his own. Maybe because he is a sweet little brother, or maybe just to make the yelling stop so he could play in peace.

"Luke, you are NOT THE SAVIOR!" - Ella, clarifying Luke's position in this world when he tried to interrupt Barbie Bible School. Yes, our Barbies go to Bible school, and no, Luke is not the Savior of the world.

"That was like a movie star restaurant!" - Ella, enthusiastically, after her first visit to the Main Street Tavern for supper. The food was good, the place was clean, we saw people we hadn't seen in a while, but I'm not sure I'd say it was a movie star restaurant. However, I am not four.

No comments:

Post a Comment