Monday, July 28, 2008

One of These Things is Not Like The Other


I guess Boppy pillows aren't just for babies; it's perfect for snuggling sweet kittens, too.



Doesn't Ella Grace look like she's thinking hard in that picture? Dave always puts her in the Boppy and talks to her after he feeds her. I'm sure she was deep in thought during their conversation.

I took that picture of her a couple of weeks ago and she has really chunked up since then. Dave commented last night that she's turning into a fat baby. She does have a double chin now and fatter cheeks - more like I had when I was a baby. I explained to him that she will probably get chunky for a while until she starts crawling, then she'll slim right down. I'm not worried about overfeeding at this point because breastfed babies know when they are full and stop eating. It's when you override that instinct and make them finish a bottle that they start getting too fat.

She has a lot more control over her hands these days. She frequently comforts herself by sucking on her fist. It's so cute. She can see a lot better, too. I have definitely seen her looking at the animals and I've caught her watching the TV a couple of times. I'm sure it's amazing to her with all that color and movement. She has been to church for three weeks in a row now, and last week she was awake the whole time. She LOVES the music. I was holding her while we were singing and she was leaning back, watching my face the whole time. She made it to the last ten minutes of the sermon before I had to take her out because she was finished sitting quietly. She needed to play. I took her to the foyer and laid her on the couch and she was a happy, smiley baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment