Monday, July 14, 2008

I should be napping..

But, I'm updating this blog instead. We had our two week check ups last week. My incision is healing nicely and I have to go back in three months for the complete follow up appointment. In four more weeks, I'm free to do whatever I want, but until then I still have some restrictions on lifting, exercise, etc.

Ella Grace went to the doctor twice last week. Once because she had a virus - one that I'm now convinced she got from me and passed to Dave, but I don't know where I got it. It wasn't severe and we are all doing better now, but we did have a couple of rough nights. She seems to still be really congested right now, so I'm constantly sucking out her nose. Luckily, she doesn't hate it as much as I remember hating it when I was little. We had her two week check up on Friday and she weighed 8 lbs. Considering she was supposed to be back to her birth weight of 7 lbs. 13 oz., we are doing great! She did not grow any longer this time, but I'm not surprised. Really, she is destined to be a shortie like Dave and myself. Her hips still seem to be fine, but we have an ultrasound scheduled this week to check them. This is standard procedure for a frank breech baby. Because she sat in a V position in the womb with her butt down, they want to make sure her hips are developing normally. She goes back to the doctor in 6 weeks for the two month visit - let's hope we don't have to go again before then for an illness.
She's doing great as far as acting interested in things. She loves to play on her mat in the floor and Dave has been trying to teach her to roll over. She has done it a few times when he gives her leverage to push off of with her feet. She holds her head up a lot and pushes off of me with her arms, so I'm expecting her to have good head control any time now. We are getting some nights with 5 straight hours of sleep, so I'm really hoping that becomes a habit. I would love to have a baby who sleeps through the night early, but I'm not counting on that yet.

Anyway, here are a few new pictures of life around the house.

Sleeping in the Touchdown pose. This is her favorite, and she gets it from her dad.

After a bath and using her new Anne Geddes-like towel. Surprisingly, Dave thought this was cute, but he HATES Anne Geddes's work.

Playing with her own tiny baby doll. She got a good grip on this doll and was slinging it all around.

Finally, ready for her first day at church. She was mad. We don't know why. She did great at church though. We made it through Sunday school and half the service before I had to take her out to feed her. Then we stayed for lunch and she slept through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment