Monday, July 31, 2006

Hokey Pokey and Things

The big news from the weekend is that Georgia learned to do the Hokey Pokey! (I know our lives are SO exciting, it's unbearable.) She's very cute, she sits and puts her right paw in and then her left paw in, and when it's time to "do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around" she does a funny little wiggle dance and spins around. That's all she knows right now, but I think Dave is trying to figure out what else he can teach her that will work in the Hokey Pokey. It's quite funny.

She also got to visit with Morgan and Zander (my little cousins) again on Saturday. She loves them because they usually have food stuffs. While Zander was in the high chair having his dinner, she kept her nose on the tray trying to figure out what he was eating. He loved it because he could pet her without being licked in the face. She seems amazed by him. He was crawling on the floor and she was following right behind him, poking him in the butt. It was really funny. She will get to meet some more little cousins this week, two boys who are 4 and 2 (I think). My cousin is coming to visit from Tampa, and the little ones are his boys. I hope they like dogs, because she loves kids.

There are house guests at our next door neighbor’s house, and one of them is a Boxer. He and Georgia have been socializing through the fence, and the new game is to run the fence line until they both drop from heat exhaustion. It kept her busy this weekend. The cats do not appreciate the Boxer, whose name is Tupac (as in Shakur, the dead rapper). He came to visit the kitties while they were playing in the carport, and they did not like him at all. Apparently he chased them. Later I heard him bark while the cats were outside, so I went out to check on them. My fearless, witch kitten was perched precariously on his fence – puffed up and hissing – while he barked from below. I made her get down. It’s one thing if he comes to their house and bothers them, but she can’t be teasing him from the fence. That’s just rude (and possible dangerous, though I’m told he wont’ hurt them). Anyway, Tupac loves Georgia, but doesn’t like me and Dave. He barks his fool head off whenever we come near the fence.

Okay, people news…. We FINALLY closed on our house Friday morning. Thank goodness!! I was starting to doubt that it was going to happen. We helped Brody and Brandy move out of their house Saturday, and that was about it for the weekend. We watched Glory Road Saturday night, and it was a great movie. It’s Disney’s version of the first black, college basketball team to win the national championship. Good movie. I think that’s about all for now. Later.

Oh, I almost forgot to vent about our HUGE power bill from the Gardendale house that we haven't live in since March!! We got the bill for last month and it was $140!!! I know that's not too bad for summer time - but that's the biggest summer time power bill we've ever had from that house and WE WEREN'T EVEN LIVING THERE!!! Apparently someone left the air on like 65 degrees while showing the house and it ran forever. Can I tell you how mad that makes me?? How rude and inconsiderate!!!

Okay, now I'm done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment