Friday, April 07, 2006

No Smooth Sailing Yet :(

We had another anxiety issue this morning, a little breakfast surprise for us. I don't know which kitty is responsible, but I'm pretty sure it was Squirt. I quit giving him the anti-anxiety medicine two days ago, and it seems that might have been too soon. Add into the equation a few things I hadn't thought of: animals lived in the house previously (which would cause territorial marking) and the weather is supposed to be bad (which will further aggravate the anxiety). The good new is, no one seems to be sick anymore. The bad news is: HOW DO I MAKE THIS STOP?!? My patience is wearing thin with cleaning up animal accidents. I believe I've had my fair share this past year, and I'm ready to pass this responsibility to another family. Anyone? I will continue giving him the medicine, and do some more research, and wait, and pray, and hope he is adjusted by the time the medicine runs out. If all else fails, I think they might have to be outside kitties. It breaks my heart just to think about that. :( He was one of my engagement kitties, and part of my little fur-family, how can I just put him out? :( Everyone please say a little prayer for my animals (if you don't believe in praying for animals, we may need to talk); this has been so life-altering for them. Okay, enough whining.

A happy story. Georgia passed the fence test this morning with flying colors!! Yay! I've been concerned that she might leap right over it in a tempting situation, because that would be no problem for her. I let her out this morning, and she did her normal boxing bounce out the door and off the porch to check for unwanted guests in the yard (you can't know how happy it makes me to see the boxing bounce again, it means she's accepted the yard and house as hers). Lo and behold! There was a cat drinking from the bird bath! She bounced and barked at it until it ran, and she chased it right to the fence and watched it go over, BUT she didn't follow it! Yay! I just knew she'd chase a cat right over the fence, but we were spared the trauma of retrieiving her from someone else's yard this day. The first time she realizes she can jump the fence, we will have a problem, but for now we are trying to make her respect the fence before she gets the idea to jump it. She really is finally starting to enjoy the yard. She patrols in the mornings and evenings and she has learned to catch the frisbee in the smaller space. One thing that still gets her (that we find ABSOLUTELY hilarious) is the motion light on the workshop. She wanders under it during her nightly patrol and it scares the $%$^$# out of her! HA HA HA! :) I laughed so hard last night when I saw her jump and run like something was after her. That should be good entertainment for a while. :)

In people news: we got our Gardendale house on the market. The new carpet makes it look bigger and cleaner, which is wonderful. I still have to do a thorough cleaning, but it will be a much more pleasant experience now that I don't have to look at the disgusting old carpet. We also still have to touch up some paint that was messed up in the move and a few other chores like that. I have to admit that I had a moment when we were leaving there the other night, but I'm good now. I love the new house, and once my crazy cats are all adjusted, it will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment