Thursday, December 26, 2013

Welcome, Tooth Fairy!

Almost five years to the day after growing her first tooth, Ella pulled one out. She's been working on it since I noticed it looking all wonky five days ago and asked her if it was loose. I really thought that Santa and the Tooth Fairy might rendezvous at our house on Christmas Eve, but she saved some excitement for the day after Christmas.

She's totally excited because she's been waiting for one to fall out for six months. I'm totally excited because she actually lost a tooth while she was five. It gives me hope that her teeth are more like her father's, and not at all like mine. I was probably 7 before I lost the first one and it was bad news until I finally got my braces off the summer before my senior year of high school. I hope for an easier orthodontic path for her.

Here's the obligatory bloody tooth hole picture.

And, also a picture of the tiny tooth that caused us so much heartache five years ago and so much excitement this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment