Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm All Princessed Out

Ella's 3rd Birthday Cake
And, thankfully, I think Ella is, too.  She's been doing a lot of un-princessy stuff since her party Saturday morning. Things like working at the McDonald's drive-thru and taking her new baby, Aurora (she just calls her Rory) to use the potty. Rory really does use the potty, so I usually have to assit her while Ella uses the potty by herself.

Here are some pictures from the party, and a few from our vacation 2 weeks ago.

 Luke was happy to be a pool ornament as the party got started. I plunked him into his float and let him go, and he happily drifted all over the pool for quite a while.

Luke, as a pool ornament








We have a giant, inflatable seal that we pull out for occasions such as this. Aunt Becca asked me, as she watched the inflation of said seal, "Which one of your children is big enough to use that float?" Neither. It's for their father.
 
Dave, wrestling the seal
 

I think Luke had a good chat with Pop the Pop while he was in pool. You can note his love for sunglasses here. He also grabbed Aunt Becca's off of her face the minute he woke up from napping on her.
Luke, chatting with Pop the Pop
 
Eatin' pizza
 Pizza is one of Ella's favorite foods. There was a moment that I came back to my chair beside her to find Luke, snacking on a whole piece all by himself. As the story goes, he tried to steal some cheese off of Ella's, so Dave gave him a piece of his own. He worked hard on it;  the evidence was all over the deck. 


This picture was taken at Waterville. I mistakenly believed that the kids were too young for Waterville. I was wrong. There was even a slide that was Luke-sized.
 

At Waterville, climbing the duck slide


They both had a blast, and I think this helped Ella get over her issue with water in her face since there was no escaping water in the face.

Ella, loving Waterville



No comments:

Post a Comment