Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Need to Write

So much has happened in the last week that I feel like I should write something really profound, but I can't find it in me. Yet, I'm still drawn here to write. About something. Anything. Because it's what I do.

Both kids are still sick - Luke with a persistent double ear infection (I feel I've walked this road before..) and Ella with a persistent UTI. Both are on their second rounds of antibiotics. Why do my kids need two round of antibiotics for everything? I also think Luke is cutting some new teeth. Between the drool and the exploding poop, he's creating as much laundry as the entire rest of the family combined.

As seen in my previous post, he can now climb stairs and he's officially crawling, the real way. He also learned to clap over the weekend, and he praises himself and everyone around him often and grandly with his clapping. It's also the thing that gives him away when he sneaks and eats something he's not supposed to have. (Ella always turned her back to us and kicked her feet with excitement.) The clapping is so stinking cute. He also officially says "Mama" now.

I went to a Mother's Day Tea at Ella's school today. She drew a picture of me and wrote some things about me. Some things I knew (my favorite ice cream is chocolate), but others surprised me (I'm 7 years old, my favorite color is pink, and I'm as pretty as her). The picture also looks like I have a cigarette hanging out of my mouth. As I've never smoked anything in my life, I can only assume it's her depiction of me with the oral syringe stuck between my teeth, which she sees all too often with all the medication I adminster to the two of them.

Ella has learned how to use fingernail clippers correctly. I learned this tidbit over the weekend when she was using them to cut my hair. And she really did cut a few chunks of hair before I realized she was using them correctly.

A recent quote that describes our life right now:
"How do you dress this child?" - The pediatrician, when trying to snap Luke's onesie. I sympathized with him because on more than one occasion I've found myself holding him up by the ankles, trying to wipe poop and diaper him. I've even had to call for back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment