Monday, May 16, 2011

0 for 2 in the 'Protect the Children from Harm' Category

Within a matter of minutes yesterday, I managed to physically hurt both of my children while we played in the yard. I let the little one roll off of my lap and bang his head on a hard toy. His heart was broken. Luckily, his head was not.

Then I threw the ball for Georgia and hit Ella square in the forehead with it. I still cannot fathom how I misjudged the angle so badly. She didn't walk in front of it; I just have really bad aim. It hit her so hard, I was shocked that it didn't knock her down. Her neck snapped back, and of course there were instant tears, but she recovered fairly quickly since she had a legitimate reason to use the Frosty Bear. At bedtime last night, I apologized again for hitting her with it, and she said, "It's okay now, Mommy."

It ranked right up there with pinching her chunky, baby thighs in the carseat buckle, and it made me feel just like a horse's behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment