Monday, August 14, 2006

People News

We gave up the fight with Level III Communications and asked Bellsouth to give us a new phone number. I'm kind of disappointed about it, but I'm happy to have home phone service again and that wasn't going to happen for weeks if we didn't give in. We are still waiting on a bill from Level III so we can report them for slamming (and fight some more). Dave also asked for a pick freeze on our account so that Bellsouth has to contact us if they receive a request for service change.

I gained back 2 lbs. of the weight I lost on my trip last week. :( Traveling makes it so hard to eat right. Oh well, I'll continue to watch my portions and refrain from drinking sweet tea. :( Tea isn't supposed to be good for you anyway.

My trip was crazy. We left Thursday morning, the very same morning as the thwarted terroist attack trial run. As I was standing in the security line with my one bag that I wasn't going to check, I became aware of the ban on liquids, gels, pastes, etc. I'll admit that signs were posted, but it was early and the blurb on the news hadn't fully penetrated my brain yet. I ended up asking the man in front of me to hold my spot in line so I could check my bag. I waited in that line for an hour and a half; at the security checkpoint, my laptop case and purse were searched and my lipgloss was confiscated. I think the guy just liked my lipgloss. :) At the gate, they searched our bags again, and the lady took my pepper spray. It never occured to me that I shouldn't be traveling with pepper spray. That spray has been on my key ring for nearly six years, and I've traveled with it all that time. This was the first time anyone has said anything about it. Even the guy at security didn't take it when he was searching my bag. Hmmm. Anyway, the flight was delayed about 45 minutes. The flight back on Friday wasn't as bad, but Charlotte has a much larger and more efficient airport than Birmingham. I'm just happy to be back.

Dave quit his job Friday!!!! He didn't like it, and hasn't been happy since he started it, so he finally decided to quit. As of right now, he has two juvenile clients and some potential clients for wills and things like that. I am so proud of him. He's really excited about practicing law, and he hasn't been this happy in a long time. He's going through all the steps right now to set up a business, but has decided to wait on getting office space until he really needs it. For now, he'll be working out of the house and meeting people at thier houses when needed. Please pray for us because this is a big change. Also, don't hesitate to call if you need legal help. :)

We finally joined the church Sunday, so we will be serving on committees soon. I think I will be doing the Shower Committee, which means I'll be organizing and setting up baby showers and wedding showers and stuff like that. I'm excited about it.

I'm also helping my cousin plan her wedding for next summer, and I can't wait to get started on it! Rebecca and I are going to be in charge of decorations and we have some good ideas. As of right now, it's going to be an outdoor wedding at home, so it should be really neat.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment