Friday, October 04, 2013

Me, too, Kid.

Some Fridays, I'm like, "Whoop! It's Friday, let's do this!" Other ones, I would prefer to just sleep through it and start over again on Monday. Today is the latter. It's been a rough week.

Luke just came slap-slapping down the hall to the kitchen to snake himself into my arms until I was fully holding him without even realizing it. That's what he does when he needs a "tuddle." I snuggled him as much as he snuggled me while I tried to find out what he wanted for breakfast.

Me: What do you want for breakfast? Oatmeal?
Luke: To take to Gigi's? (he always takes his breakfast with him since his school starts a full hour later than Ella's)
Me: Yes. Do you want to take oatmeal?
Luke: Peanut butter sandwich.
Me: Ok.
Luke: I want to eat it here.
Me: (with his tentacles still wrapped around me) Do you want me to make it now?
Luke: ..... No, Monday. (as he snuggled tighter)

All I could think was, "Yes. Exactly."

But, I'm telling myself, "Whoop! It's Friday, let's do this!"

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world." Philippians 2:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment