Monday, April 08, 2013

What's in a name?

Luke: My mom said I could ride a motorcycle.
Me: Really? Who's your mom?
Luke: Gina.

Luke: My mom said I can play football.
Me: Oh? Who's your mom?
Luke: Gina.
Me: Well, who am I?
Luke: You're a little princess.

Luke: My mom said I can ride my horse.
Me: Who's your mom?
Luke: Gina.

I don't know who she is, but I'm starting to feel angry at Gina. A motorcycle?! She obviously has no regard for his safety or the safety of those around him.

I don't know where this "my mom said" thing came from either, but it's pretty cute. I like it better than when he walks through the house calling me, "Ma? Ma? Maaaa?" Dave thinks it's hilarious. I think I'm not raising him in a log cabin on the prarie so he needs to knock it off.

If "Ma" is all he's got to offer, I'd prefer he just call me Amanda - and sometimes he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment