Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good Riddance, Teething Fairy

Our Teething Fairy has finally left on her long awaited sabbatical. I hope she's resting peacefully on a tropical island somewhere. She best not show her face in our house for at least a year, and she's only welcome back if she's accompanied by her sweet sister, the Tooth Fairy.

Luke's last molar broke the skin over the weekend so he finally has his full set of teeth. He was still grinding them when he woke up this morning, because the molars are still pushing their way in, but he did turn down my offer of Motrin, so I know the hard work is done. He has also slept much better for the last two nights. Thank all the good things for that.

Look at all those pearly white teeth.
My aching neck and back and hip are glad to be back in their own bed. It will probably take a while for my fuzzy brain to recover from the past month's worth of molar-growing work, but that's okay, because it is finished. I feel like I should throw a party for these teeth. I think this set hit me the hardest since Ella grew her very first two. Is it because I'm older? Maybe. I'm sure it's because Luke had already started sleeping through the night during the fall, so these Teething Fairy wake ups just felt harder.

I'll say it again: I'm so glad I don't remember growing teeth. It's a harrowing experience to watch; he's been pitiful. Now that it's done, I'm hoping his stuffy nose and the stye on his eyelid will clear up. He busted his lip over the weekend, so between that and the stye, he's been walking around looking like he just got out of a cage fight.

So long Teething Fairy - I won't miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment