Monday, September 18, 2006

Tie Dye Adventures


Dave taught Rob how to tie dye tonight. These are the fruits of their labors.

This shirt was Rob's design.




















This is what it looked like with the rubber bands on it. I don't think Rob realized that making tie dyed shirts involves work. :)













This is Dave's design. We gave Rob three colors of dye in his kit: yellow, green, and blue. Previously (to brush up on our skills) we tie dyed two shirts for him with purple and pink. We thought he'd enjoy the lesson for his birthday. It will be fun to see what else comes out tie dyed now that he knows how to do it.



















This is what Dave's design looked like with the rubber bands on it.











This is Rob. As I said before, he's a wanna-be hippie. Sadly, there isn't much my dad can say about the hair because he had hair like that when hippies came into being. I'm ready for Rob to outgrow this phase. I keep telling him I'm going to shave his head in the middle of the night. He doesn't believes me. :)

I think our next adventure will be color remover. We want to get a school t-shirt and reverse tie dye it with color remover. I'm just curious to see how it would turn out. Yes, I am a nerd.

I think Rob enjoyed himself, and he got to go home with a bonus birthday present: a Grateful Dead cd that survived Dave's teenage years.

Life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Rob's long hair is pay back to your dad for all of those times that he told me "if he was mine he would cut off that rat tail!" "He wouldn't ride in my car with that rat tail!" I always told him one day he would have a boy and he would get pay back! That day has arrived! I just laugh every time he talks about Rob's hair! Love You! Aunt Trisha

    ReplyDelete